If your employees are your biggest asset you should be making them believe just that. The challenge for motivating employees is to design employee reward or incentive schemes in such a way that your employees believe the scheme has been designed specifically for them.
The Importance of Motivating Employees
A motivated workforce is a major asset to any business, producing higher productivity and less staff turnover. While an unhappy workforce could prove expensive in the future in many ways.
The Benefits of Motivating Employees
- Increased productivity
- Reduced staff turnover
- Raise staff morale and loyalty
- Inspire employees
- Satisfy employee needs though work related goals
Tips for Motivating Employees
- Treat each member of staff as an individual
- Praise good performance and offer constructive feedback
- Encourage "ownership"
- Offer benefits that don't cost the earth
- Encourage staff to take a break
- Get the little things right
- Keep lines of communication open
Motivating Employees - Ideas
An online scratchcard promotion is a cost-effective and involving way to address many of these issues:
- Transmit corporate messages in an entertaining and involving way
- Incentivise your sales force
- Say "Thank you" to your employees
- Motivating employees to take "ownership"
Tags: motivating employees, team building, how to motivate employees, employee reward, staff motivation